A dream stay in Alpes maritimes
The Alpes maritimes combines admirably discovering, leisure opportunities, relaxation, culture and traditions.
In the heart of the Côte d’Azur, let you wonder by a architectural and cultural heritage, a sea favourable for the nautical activities and relaxing, beautiful golden beaches and blue sea, authentic regions, the mountain suitable environment for sportactivities, pretty and idyllic villages, traditions and specialities of Nice and always festivities under the mediterranean sun.
The French riviera
Saint Paul de Vence, La colle -sur -Loup, Vence, Tourrettes-sur-Loup… leading cities thanks many artists and celebrities. These old villages protected by fortifications, these lovely stonework houses, these art galleries drew tourists and amateurs.
Under the sunny and warm pergolas, a gastronomy in olive oil, garlic, thyme, wild thyme and savory perfume.
At the edge of the great blue sea, Cagnes-sur-mer, the city cherished by Auguste Renoir with its racecourse, its fishingport of southern ambience, its casino and animations (worldcupballsquare, Country festival)
Juan-les-Pins and its international Jazz festival in July
The old Antibes, with its wild creeks, museums, craft boutiques and sympathic restaurants.
The wildlife park Marineland suggest impressive shows with dolphins and its whales.
Perched villages above overlooking the sea : Mougins, Gourdon, Saint Jeannet, Théoule sur mer, Eze…
The Rock of Monaco : symbol of luxury, famous for his Palace, his casino and his prestigious F1 Grand Prix.
Menton : don’t miss the famous « Fête du Citron ».
After italian border, the markets in Vintimille or San Remo.
The capital of the Côte d’Azur, Nice with its luxurious hotels (Negresco, Westminster), the famous « Promenade des Anglais », the old town, the « Placa Masséna », its many museums, the « Nice Jazz Festival » in July.
The National Park of Mercantour with rich and rare flora and fauna.
The bay of Cannes, its Palais des Festivals and the Congresses.
The Lerins Isles and the Esterel.
The perfume markers in Grasse (Fragonard, Galimard, Molinard), that smel of jasmine, rose, violet.
Tours in the proximity
From Tourrettes-Sur-Loup, an 11th Century fortified village, rich in art and history, take the road to: les Gorges (Vinon sur Verdon and the Grand Canyon); the town of Grasse, the world capital of perfume; Confiserie Florian and its confectionery delights; Saint Paul de Vence, its famous boules ground, the old fortified village, the Folon Chapel…
- Places to visit in the region: the Principality of Monaco; the Oceanographic Museum; the town town of Nice with its Promenade des Anglais; Massena Square; the Chagall Museum; the towns of Eze and Menton; Italy, which is less than 60 km away with the large market in San Remo; the city of Cannes and its Boulevard de la Croisette; Saint Tropez, the town of the stars;…
- For sports fans: hiking trails – le Baou des Blancs, le circuit du Paradis; bicycle hire in Cagnes- sur-Mer; canyoning in la Colmiane; golf in Grasse or Villeneuve; canoe hire in La Colle sur Loup or Antibes; diving; jet skiing; parascending; horse riding in Cagnes and Antibes or even donkey riding in Tourettes – Levens, or La Colle Sur Loup,…
- And in winter: skiing in Greolières- les –Neiges and around Mercantour;
- the Music Festival in Vence; Carnival, especially in Nice; the Fête des Violettes (Violet Festival) in Tourrettes – sur – Loup and its many local organisations.
Some interesting links for visiting the côte d’azur
- Nice and promenade des Anglais
- The town of Grasse, the world capital of perfume
- Saint-Paul de Vence
- Monaco Oceanographic Museum
- Antibes Marineland
- The Casino in Monte-Carlo
- The Picasso Museum in Antibes
- canyoning in la Colmiane
- Le Golf de la Grande Bastide Grasse
- The Monaco Grand Prix
- The Sailing Club in Saint Laurent du Var
- A flight in a delta plane in Bar sur Loup
- Quad-biking & walking in Mouans Sartoux